Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Man (originally written on Friday, October 12th, 2007)

''So those are my dreams, And these are my eyes, Stand tall like a man. Headstrong like a horse!'' - Orzibal (Tears for Fears)

A while back I wrote ''Boy Trapped In A Man's Body'' where I'd realised several years ago that there is a part of me that has is still a child, perhaps no older than about eight years old.

For some time now I have been tending to that boy. I had discovered that he had many wounds and many fears and had been in hiding all this time because he was afraid that someone would either injure him further or touch on the wounds already there, even if by accident.

As I have bee n finally tending to that part of me and helping to heal the wounds, the boy is beginning to allow himself to dream of finally becoming a True Man. A Man who is courageous, honest, kind, strong, loving, full of wisdom, very patient. A Man who takes full responsibility for his every word and his every silence; A Man who owns up to his every action and even his inactions. A man whose own child will never have to suffer what he had suffered.

He's finally dreaming of becoming A Man. And he loves the first glimpses of what he sees.

''So those are my schemes, And these are my plans'' - (same)

No comments: